Top Moving Companies
Are you planning to move across town, to another country, or even out of the country? Or maybe you are thinking of relocating your business? We made it easier for you to choose the right moving company. Check out the best moving companies today.
✔ Last updated: 2020-09-14
In the United States today, there are more than 3 million people who move across state lines each year. If you ask them, a lot of them would say that planning and choosing the right moving company will make your moving experience smooth and hassle-free.
Here is a list of the best moving companies today.
✔ Long-Distance and International Moving
✔ FREE Moving quotes
✔ Personal Account Manager
✔ Featured in USA Today
✔ Top rated across the web
✔ Does NOT Provide Local Moving Services
✔ Does NOT Provide Auto Transport Services
✔ A- BBB Accredited
✔ Long-Distance and Cross-Country Specialists
✔ Residential, commercial, packing, and storage services
✔ Years of Long Distance moving experience
✔ Personal moving coordinator
✔ 24/7 Customer Service
✔ Only interstate moves, no local moves or auto transports
✔ Residential, corporate, and military moves (interstate only)
✔ Fully licensed, bonded, and insured moving broker
✔ 10% Early Reservation discount for moves over 30 days away
✔ Get a free estimate online or over the phone
✔ Storage and packing services available
✔ Donates a portion of profits to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
✔ State to state moving broker
✔ Residential and commercial moves
✔ Auto transport
✔ Get quotes from FMCSA-authorized movers
✔ Instant online free estimates
✔ Short and long-term storage solutions
✔ Long-distance moving services available across the United States
✔ Complete corporate relocation services for any type of business
✔ Free online quotes
✔ Full-service or fragile-only packing, as well as self-packing assistance
✔ Some of the best customer reviews online
✔ Does NOT provide local moving services
✔ Does NOT provide auto transport services
✔ Moves to and from 44 states
✔ Residential and commercial moving services
✔ Storage and packing
✔ Long-distance moves, no local moves
✔ Auto transport available
✔ Specialty moving services for military, fine art, seniors and large items
Congratulations on your new house! Now that you have an idea on which moving companies are the most popular, it is time to pack. We have put together this list of simple moving tips that will make your move easier.
1. Get Rid Of Unnecessary Things – Before moving, you need to eliminate the unused items from your home if you want to have less stuff to pack up, unload, and organize.
We recommend clearing any clutter from your house as soon as you know that you will be moving.
2. Categorize Your Stuff – Instead of cleaning your room for a whole day, consider spending more time sorting through every clothing that you own.
Scour every dirty clothes hamper, coat closet, and scour your laundry room until you have your clothes in one place then categorize each item.
You might want to do the same thing for shoes, books, relevant documents, and the like.
3. Consider Donating Some Of Your Stuff – Other man’s trash can be another man’s treasure, right? Look for things that you don’t intend to use that you can donate.
4. Look For Stuff You Can Sell – During packing, you will probably see some items that you no longer want, but could get a little money for. If that is the case, set these things aside and look for a place where you can sell them.
There are some sites like Craiglist or AptDeco where you could sell some furniture.
5. Pick the Perfect Moving Day – Once that you have picked the right moving company, you have to schedule them at least one month before your intended moving date.
A lot of moving companies are busy during the weekends, so if you could schedule your move for a weekday, you might even get a discount.
6. Create a To-do List – A lot of movers skip this, thinking they won’t forget anything, but they are wrong. Write down the things that you need so you won’t forget about them.
7. Get Extra Packing and Moving Supplies – Most moving companies provide this, but just in case they fail, at least you have a backup. Stock up on extra supplies like light bulbs, power strips, and extension cords.
8. Pack Ahead
Do not wait until the last minute before you pack. Packing little by little is less stressful than trying to pack it all in just one day.