Top 10 Broadband Plan Providers
We created this article that can help you choose the top broadband plan providers that are available today. Learn and understand the broadband plan you’d get from these providers.
✔ Last updated: 2020-07-06
There are lots of different broadband plans today. So we completely understand if you get lost in trying to figure out which plan and which of these top broadband plan providers can give you the service you would need.
Best for: Using the internet with the UK’s fastest download speeds
✔12-month contracts for £35-£50 / month
✔TV, broadband, and phone bundles
✔Download speeds of up to 362 Mbps
Best for: Getting UK-based support 365 days a year
✔Broadband-only or broadband & phone deals
✔Fixed-price broadband and line rental guaranteed
✔Up to 66 Mbps download speeds
Best for: Getting your money back if internet isn’t fast enough
✔18-month contracts from as low as £18 / month
✔TV, broadband, and phone bundles
✔Up to 63 Mbps download speeds
Best for: Locking in a broadband price for 2 years
✔12-, 18-, and 24-month packages
✔Broadband, TV, and phone bundles
✔Fibre download speeds up to 36MB
Best for: Access to millions of hotspots
✔18-month contracts start from £24.95 / month
✔Includes virus protection and BT rewards points
✔Fibre download speeds up to 76MB
Best for: Leveraging your broadband deal to get extra data on your mobile
✔18-month contracts from £21-£47 / month
✔Bundle with mobile to get extra data
✔Up to 300 Mbps download speeds
Best for: Getting money back if speeds aren’t as fast as advertised
✔Plans for £21-£25 / month
✔No line rental or setup costs
✔Speeds of up to 63MB
Best for: Packaging internet and calls
✔12-month contract from £17 / month
✔Add a call plan from £2 / month
✔Maximum speeds up to 63 Mbps
Best for: Enjoying benefits such as presale tickets to big concerts
✔Prices from £18 / month
✔Option of adding calls
✔Speeds up to 63 Mbps
Best for: Gamers who need incredibly fast speeds that other providers can’t match
✔Plans from £21 / month
✔Operates its own fibre-optic network
✔Up to 900 Mbps in selected areas
Choosing the Best Broadband Plan from the Top Broadband Plan Providers
As the broadband market progresses, more broadband plan providers have joined, and they offer different kinds of broadband plans and different prices. For someone who isn’t technical, this can be confusing, and you might even end up paying too much for something that you do not really need.
Now, let’s discuss how you can choose the perfect broadband plan for you.
1. Know What You Need – The most important thing you need to do is to understand what you really need. Do you need to have the internet at home or on the go? Or do you need both?
Home broadband is what most of us think of when we look for internet services. A router will be installed at your home so you can access fast internet.
But if you are always on the go, you should get mobile broadband plans. These plans use portable WiFi routers with an LTE connection. The providers allow you to access the internet with multiple devices like smartphones, laptops, or even tablet from any place with a mobile data connection. This will enable you to work, surf the web, or even just update your social media accounts while you are on the run.
2. Choose the Perfect Broadband Plan for You – Here are the first few steps you should know:
1. What type of broadband connection are you looking for? Home, mobile, or both?
2. How much data can you consume per month?
3. How fast your broadband connection needs to be?
If you can answer these questions, then it should be natural to pick a broadband plan. Do not always go for the cheapest. Make sure that you would choose the right broadband provider.
3. Know the Data Limits – There are numbers of broadband plan providers that offer unlimited data plan, but unlimited plans cost a little expensive. However, if you decide to go with an unlimited plan, it will give you peace of mind that you will not be charged with extra charges for going beyond your data limit. But if you are someone who does not spend too much time online, then you should get a limited broadband plan.
4. Know the Duration of Your Plan – Broadband plans usually have lock-in periods or contracts. The benefit of these longer-term plans is that broadband plan providers may sweeten the deal by providing you free modem and free installation. But since you there is a lock-in period, you may have to pay out the contract or a large amount if you want to get out of the contract early.